Seeking Medical Attention during the Shelter-in-Place
Your Health and Welfare Eligibility gives you access to several methods of getting treatment during the current Shelter-in-Place period, including 24/7 Advice Nurse Lines, Telemedicine and tools to help you determine if you may have COVID-19.
Indemnity Plan Resources
24/7 Nurse Line
Access Anthem’s 24/7 NurseLine at (800) 700-9184
LiveHealth Online, available to Indemnity Plan Participants, provides private, secure video visits with board-certified doctors 24 hours a day using your smartphone, tablet or computer with a webcam.
Physicians available through LiveHealth Online can:
- Evaluate your symptoms,
- Help you understand your condition, including the possibility of contracting the COVID-19 virus,
- Minimize the risk of exposure to disease for yourself and others because your visit is in the comfort of your own home.
Get Started at LiveHealthOnline.com
- Have your Indemnity Medical ID Card available.
- Choose Sign Up to create your LiveHealth Online account. Enter your Name, Email Address, Date of Birth and create a secure password.
- Choose your location in the dropdown box of States.
- Enter your Birth Date and choose your Gender.
- Insurance Information: For the question “Do you have insurance?”, select Yes. Enter your insurance information from your Indemnity Medical ID card to complete the insurance information. If you choose No, you can enter your insurance information later.
- For Health Plan, in the dropdown, select Anthem.
- For the Subscriber ID, enter your identification number found on your medical identification card. Select Yes if you are the Plan Participant or No if you are a Dependent of the Participant.
- Select the green Finish button.
For questions about how to use LiveHealth Online, call toll-free (888) 548-3432 or email email@example.com.
For Appointments and Advice, call (866) 454-8855, 24/7
Visit Kaiser’s site for more information about your phone and telehealth options including:
- Video Visits
- Phone Appointments
- In-person Appointments
- Emailing your Doctor
Your Member Assistance Program
As news of COVID-19 continues to evolve, it is normal to think a lot about dependent care, personal finances or even your family’s preparedness.
Rest assured you’re not alone. Your Member Assistance Program (MAP) is here to provide you and your household members support during challenging times.
COVID-19 Symptom Checker
Visit Buoy Health, in association with our Indemnity Plan Prescription Benefit Manager, Express Scripts, for an online tool to Assess Your Risk for Coronavirus.
COVID-19 Lab Tests
The Plan will provide 100% coverage of the PPO Allowed Amount for COVID-19 laboratory testing by a Contract Provider. COVID-19 laboratory testing by a non-Contract Provider is payable at 100% of the average Contract Provider rate, not subject to the Plan’s calendar year deductible. You will be responsible for any charge in excess of the Plan’s payment if you use a non-Contract Provider. When possible, the Plan encourages you to use a Contract Provider to prevent an out-of-pocket cost to you for COVID-19 laboratory testing.
Note that if you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency that requires immediate attention please call 911 or the number for your local emergency services.
Check Your Eligibility on the Portal
COBRA and Your Hour Bank
Hours worked for Contributing Employers are credited to your "Hour Bank." For each month of eligibility, hours are deducted from your Hour Bank (lag month applies). Your Hour Bank provides future eligibility, which applies toward any COBRA Continuation period.
See our Eligibility & Hour Bank page for more information on how many Hours are required for Eligibility and the maximum hours you can have in your Hour Bank.
If you receive a COBRA Notice from us, PLEASE be sure to sign it and return it within the limited time window. Participants who complete the COBRA election form may make COBRA payments to extend coverage once their hour bank is exhausted.